Twisted fun – Ink wash
I needed another black and white drawing to fill a small space in my studio, and very little time to paint, so I painted this. All my life, I have always love to walk in the woods and explore. Some of my favorite t.v. shows are survivor, man vs wild and survivorman which are shows about a person or persons trying to survive a week or month with very little brought along. When I was younger, I would go into the forest or as we say in southern indiana (a woods) and play the entire day looking and exploring. I can’t tell you how many times that I have walked across a tree similar to the tree in the drawing, over a stream or ditch. I also can’t tell you how many time the tree gave away or I just slipped and fell into that stream or ditch. I was always climbing a tree, walking across a tree or swinging from vines that reached so high into the tree you weren’t sure and couldn’t see how it was attached, but I still climbed it and swung from it, sometimes resulting in injury (I’ve never claimed to be very smart). Yep, I was and I guess still am a country boy at heart, never wore shoes unless my mom made me, never wore a shirt unless my mom made me and never came home until way after dark, unless my made me. Now that I think about it, I might still be in those woods, shirtless, shoeless and climbing if my mom wouldn’t have made me come in. But with my pocket knife deep into my pocket and my trusty BB gun at my side, I’m sure this boy could have done just fine. I was good at making traps, my knife was always sharp and I was so accurate with my BB gun that I could peck a fly off a cats ears at twenty yards with out touching a hair on the cat. Yep, those were the days, and I still catch myself crossing ditches when hunting, only now I pick those that can hold a 190lb man and low enough to the ditch to where if I fall, things won’t get broke, because if I break something my wife might treat me like a horse and use that for an excuse to get rid of me.
If you haven’t explored a woods, grab a camera, some bug spray and get into one, you will be amazed at all of its beauty. But be careful, there are a lot of dangers in a simple woods and study your surroundings when walking in, that way you can find your way out when finished.
Things that might make you regret going into the woods:
1. Chiggers and Ticks, these little $#@*&? (my way of cussing), if you ever had 50 bites along your… well lets just say private parts that itch like crazy, you know why I cuss them.
2. Not able to find your way out… never a good thing.
3. Swinging from a vine high in the air… until you hear the cracking noise and throwing you to your back, sucking the air from your lungs.
4. Enjoying the animals… unless man-eating bears, large cats, poisonous snakes and insects.
5. Did I mention those Damn Chiggers and ticks!
6. Falling… that’s all I need to say about that.
7. Weird toothless guys playing banjo… it’s from a old movie called “Deliverance” … RUN, and don’t stop RUNNING!
Well this may help you survive a trip to the nearest woods, have fun!