Oldie Moldy Truck – Acrylic
I know, when you heard the words Oldie Moldy, you thought this blog post was going to be about me… Yes Oldie, but not moldy, I just took a shower last month! Nope, this is an acrylic painting 24″ x 36″ that I had started a few months ago, but just getting back to finishing it last night, almost finished, a few more rust holes and mold on the fender and headlight. This truck was covered by some kind of mold looking fungus, that belonged more on and old slice of bread, not a truck, but the hood and fenders were covered with it. My love for these old trucks rate up there with my love for hunting, fishing, art . . . Oh, and let’s not forget my wife! Wow, that was a close one! I’m hoping someday when we get our kids thru college, I will own two things, a jeep wrangler again, and a 1940’s ford or chevy truck. I don’t want a little sports car, Harley Davidson or a Escalade, nope, just a wrangler and a old pickup. I guess this confirms there is a little redneck in me yet.
How do you know you’re a redneck from Indiana:
1. You know for sure, somewhere in the Bible, it mentions Bobby Knight!
2. If you have more than one sticker on the back car window, that has a kid pissing on something! (If your from Indiana, you’ll know what I’m talking about)
3. If the only time you have ever entered a Library in your life, and it’s because your art is hanging there… hey wait a minute, that’s me!
4. If you say you’ve read three books this week, and those three books are… Bowhunters, Nascar and Playboy magazine!
5. If you refer to where Leslies and Linda lives, as the Big Cities!
6. If every other painting you do, is of a damn barn!
7. If you refer to your church clothes as your, Sunday-Go-Meet’n outfit… your just OLD!
8. If you think taking your wife to one of those fancy places… and you take her to Olive Garden!
9. If you take a shower, once every month… you’re just a fancy pants wuss, you can go at least two months!
10. If you use deer hunting scent killer spray, instead of showering… now your talk’n!